Your baby deserves the best—especially when it comes to skincare. You might be avoiding formulas made of harsh chemicals and synthetic ingredients that dry out and irritate your baby’s skin. We know that the hunt for the best organic or natural baby products can be confusing. With so many options, how can you choose what to pick for your little one?
Made by a wellness-conscious mom of two with a decade of experience in the beauty industry, Bubbsi’s natural baby products are clean and safe for everyday use. We don’t skimp on the moisture unlike other natural products that can be watered down and ineffective. Our coconut oil shampoo, coconut oil lotion, and coconut oil balm formulas are ultra-gentle, yet deeply moisturizing. We spent months perfecting the thickness and absorbency of our formulas with our R&D lab while vetting ingredients for safety and toxicity. Read on to learn more about what we include and don’t include in Bubbsi’s natural baby products (spoiler: everything clean, nothing toxic!).
Clean Beauty For Babies
Bubbsi’s natural baby products were created in a lab in Paris with the highest standards, and then thoroughly tested by a 3rd party lab and manufactured in an FDA-certified facility. Our rigorous four-month safety testing protocol ensures that each product is clean, stable, non-irritating across skin types, and non-allergenic.
Here is a list of ingredient filters we use in our natural baby product formulas, including our coconut oil shampoo and coconut oil lotion.
1) Cold-pressed coconut oil is the #1 or #2 ingredient in each Bubbsi formula. And it’s COSMOS-certified, appraised by an international non-profit certification body that promotes the development of organic and natural cosmetics that are safe and effective for people to use, and good for the environment.
2) Predominately made of organic, natural and naturally-derived ingredients: Our formulas are at least 95% composed of organic, natural, and naturally-derived ingredients. What does naturally-derived mean exactly? These ingredients are those of natural origin (plant-based), but are extracted in a lab via a natural solvent.
3) Safe and nontoxic (EU-compliant) synthetics make up less than 5% of each formula, where we believe there is no better natural alternative.
4) A light all-natural scent that’ll have your bub smelling like a cookie! And even better, our coconut and vanilla fragrance is certified "all natural" by an International Organization of Standardization. Did you know that brands don’t have to disclose fragrance ingredients? We believe in transparency, so you can find our full list of fragrance ingredients under the “what’s inside” tab on each product listing on our site.
5) pH balanced: Each natural baby product formula matches the average pH level of your baby’s skin. This helps to preserve skin's natural slightly acidic barrier which fights inflammation and bacteria.
We’re Nontoxic, Paraben-Free & Sulfate-Free
Our ingredient filter is simple: We avoid anything in our natural baby products that potentially poses a threat to our children’s safety, based on the latest research. Here’s a list of everything we avoid.
1) Potential carcinogens and endocrine disruptors pose a threat to the body’s hormone flow and can cause adverse developmental, reproductive, neurological, and immune effects. For this reason, we are paraben-free (synthetic compounds used as preservatives) and phthalate-free (commonly used as a binder in formulas). We also don’t include mineral oils, which are a class of petroleum products used as a lubricant or moisturizer (think Vaseline or Aquaphor). Research shows that low-grade mineral oil can be linked to cancer; however, cosmetic-grade mineral oils are still being debated. Either way, we avoid these to be safe.
2) Harsh chemicals and potential skin irritants, like dyes and sulfates, can cause inflammation of the skin (irritation, redness, swelling) and allergic reactions. These harsh detergents in shampoos and soaps are known to cause breakdown of the skin barrier with frequent use. We also opt to exclude synthetic fragrances, a common cause of skin irritation and allergic reactions.
3) Common natural irritants and allergens: There are several natural compounds that have a tendency to irritate skin or cause an allergic reaction over time, such as lavender oil, chamomile, and limonene (common in citrus oils). We avoid these known natural skin irritants in both our fragrance and formula.
4) Any non-EU compliant cosmetic ingredient: We stand by strict EU ingredient standards, which as of 2018 has banned about 1,400 harmful chemicals and ingredients from personal care products. The US FDA, by comparison, has only banned 30. Why the huge difference? The EU bans ingredients based on the earliest detections of harm, while the US FDA takes action only when there is substantial scientific evidence that shows that the ingredient is harmful under its intended use. We’d rather be safe than sorry.
Let’s Meet The Whole Gang!
Bubbsi’s natural baby products are an adorable gang that’s downright serious about skincare. Each formula is clean and effective, packaged in food-grade, refillable silicone bottles that your little ones can have fun with. Say hi to the trio!
Whipped Coconut Oil Body Cream
If you’re searching for the best natural baby lotion or a coconut oil lotion that’s safe to use on your little one, consider our Whipped Coconut Oil Body Cream.
It’s the panda leader of the pack and the perfect centerpiece for your baby’s skincare routine. Our coconut oil lotion is a 98% naturally-derived, vegan blend of organic Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, and Vitamin E. This is not your average runny lotion however! The formula is a rich velvety cream that is non-greasy, allowing it to melt on skin and absorb immediately.
We recommend using daily on your baby’s face and body, especially after bathing when the skin is damp to lock in moisture.
Creamy Coconut Oil Shampoo + Wash
Our coconut oil shampoo is a gentle yet rich moisturizing head-to-toe wash. The Shampoo + Wash is 95% naturally derived, with roughly a third of the formula made of nourishing oils like organic Coconut Oil and Shea Butter; and it’s sulfates-free! This is especially important as sulfates in shampoos and soaps are too harsh on the skin, stripping it of its natural bacteria-fighting proteins and protective oils. With these chemicals out of the mix, this little piggy won’t irritate your bub’s skin or eyes in the bath.
We suggest 1-3 baths per week for the littlest of bubs (0-1 years), and increasing in frequency as they get older. For the best lather, rub the product in your hands first and then use on the skin and hair. Due to its natural content, you won’t see a lot of bubbles, but you’ll get a hydrating cleanse.
Coconut Oil Balm
Last but not least, our coconut oil balm is a pup with a lot of tricks. 100% naturally derived, this vegan skincare formula consists mainly of Sunflower Seed Oil and organic Coconut Oil.
We’re a huge fan of coconut oil because of its many benefits: It’s antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, protecting the skin from unwanted pathogens. Read more about why we’re so obsessed with coconut oil here.
We like to use this multipurpose moisturizer to protect the skin from extra dryness, diaper rash, and cradle cap. This balm can also be used as a gentle cleansing oil in the bath to remove impurities while rehydrating skin; watch this superstar in action here! You can also sub in this balm on non-bath days (try a baby massage instead?) for the snuggliest skin.
Bubbsi’s natural baby products are rich, luxurious and truly moisturizing. These formulas are not only good for your baby, but they actually WORK. Read the glowing reviews for yourself, and order yours today!